ipso_facto
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d M Sport (Sports Auto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by exo-ak-dk View Post
btw. check this out from superchips uk which claims those numbers:

219 HP and 454 NM after installing their chip.

http://www.superchips.co.uk/search?m...7&variant=2338

Cheaper and more performance
Thank you - I have been in contact with other similar 3rd-party vendors. The big regarding this route, is the fact that you can say goodbye to your warranty. My car is on a contract scheme (though I will likely purchase this in a couple of years time, as I was able to get an attractive contract) and it is only one year old with a current value of approx. 30k GBP.

This would be an unacceptable gamble, as I believe from other posters on this site, even the "undiscoverable" boxes/plugins are in fact a misnomer on behalf of the 3rd-party vendor, as these boxes/plugins render error messages that get picked up at dealer visit/service time. Even if the immediate dealer/service center is unaware, the car's diagnostics get uploaded to the BMW mother ship for model data analytics etc.

My guess - and I want to stress that it is just that - a guess: BMW won't pay any heed to the diagnostic errors, unless there is a warranty claim, at which point I suspect (just like any big corporate) they will look through the car's data (so the service record in it's entirety), with the intention of ducking out of the claim. In the case of finding diagnostic errors that are known to be caused by an unofficial performance box/plugin, I would say that they are fully within their rights to deny any warranty claim, due to additional stresses placed on engine components. This technique would of course be implemented, regardless of the relative stresses caused, even if completely unrelated to the specific element of the warranty claim being sought.

So to reiterate: this would be an unacceptable gamble.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0