View Single Post
      07-20-2010, 02:43 PM   #47
dpwr
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a good one

I have nothing against honest sales people, if they're straight upfront with everything i'm fine with that... so far, I've dealt with around 4 of them, and 4 out 4 are straight up lyres... let me give you an example of my last deal, I come to the dealership with all the amounts I'm willing to pay, and i tell the guy "Here's my numbers, I don't want to waste anybody's time if you can do it great, if you can't then you can't", the guy tried to manipulate every number possible for 3 HOURS knowing that I know everything but STILL tried it... then he prints a contract with the numbers I wanted to sign, I look over and at the bottom it says $5000 down payment, I told him 10 times i'm doing 0 down yet he prints it with a down payment... I also had 1000$ loyalty credit from bmw, so I wanted to use it too, then he starts saying how for this $1000 credit dealership needs to pay $500 to the bmw so in reality it's not 1000 credit it's 500 credit, what a bunch of bs.... then he has a nerve at the end to tell me how i'm such a difficult costumer and like he's doing me a favore, I was pretty close just walking out, but he did give me what I wanted after 4 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by jferrell View Post
This is probally what I take most offense to, you talk about how much the dealership rips you off but in reality you are trying to rip off the dealership half the time. I have plenty of customers who are fine with nominal discounts and yes some that are fine with MSRP, they can afford it and to them the small amount of hassle and service I provide are worth whatever profit myself or the dealership makes. pharding wrote that the dealership made an additional $2500 in profit from his lease, I don't know if it's markup in the aquisition fee or the MF itself but it's a business, profit is what they do, banks and credit unions make money off your loan. I have no idea the cost of my air conditioning unit is to the supplier but I know it's cost to me and it's benefit and I pay for it gladly here in the south. The point is this if invoice on car x is 50k and msrp is 53.5k you can afford either so your attempt at trying to find the closest to cost is just being cheap. Ill reiterate what I've said time and time again some people know the price of everything and the value of nothing. There are "bad" car salesman, although fewer then consumerist believe. You bastardize the industry hoping to justify the dirty tactics consumers use, oh "dealership y gave me this price" and then I call them on it and it's a lie. A consumer wants to best price or best deal, well what if it was reversed, what if the leading question was "what's the most amount of profit you're willing to pay" you'd be pissed at the audacity of the question. The world isn't out to get you, yes everyone is here to make a profit. pharding and bpwr, would you be willing to work year over year only make enough to cover expenses? Would you be ok with getting to retirement and having no savings for the rest of life? Would you be ok if you're bosses came to you one day and asked "what's the least amount of pay you're willing to accept, we just want to best deal and were shopping with India for more competitive prices" You'd feel undervalued and pissed, oh wait America is outsourcing more now-a-days because Americans want steeper discounts and companies have to cut more and more from the cost of goods/services. Were screwing ourselves people.
Appreciate 0