View Single Post
      02-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #57
Foxy2
Registered
Rep
Drives: 530 SE GT Sept 2010

Had a response from my BMW garage after my argument with them and subsequently sending them a print out of some of this threads comment.
Their response is quote"

As you can see the tyre wear on the vehicles mentioned is not on any individual vehicle as this is a design feature of the model range, this is how the suspension is set up to achieve ultimate drive for the vehicles.
The camber on the rear wheels is a feature of not just the 5GT, but on other models too.

Your tyres are not worn to the extent of some as mentioned in the article, yours are 5 mm on the outer and centre with 3 & 4 mm on inner edges, some of the mentioned vehicles are / were worn the canvas & cords.

I do not view this as a 'dangerous fault'. Routine checks of the tyres would show if replacement is required much before a dangerous situation is reached.
This is one of the many reasons that as a dealership we offer Visual Vehicle safety checks at anytime and at no costs to our customers, to avoid this type of scenario.

As per our earlier conversation, the recommended tyre pressures on your vehicle are 2.5 bar on the front and 2.6 bar on the rear.
"

They are blaming the uneven wear on a "design characteristic"!!!!
Appreciate 0