06-23-2011, 01:45 AM   #48
jaekeem
BMW Noobie
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3 e46 M3 Macan S Model S

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberrycubed View Post
Are you guys placing the main JB3 control unit in the ECU box by removing the cowl etc? Or is there a better place outside, tuck it somewhere? which will also make usb upgrade\change easier.

Guys post up pictures where you tucked it? Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberrycubed View Post
Thanks for posting the pic and giving those tips, it helped alot when I did the MAP sensor. I now have it installed and no codes but do not know where to hide the jb3 brain unit. Where did you put yours and how did you get to that location? You got any pics?

Thanks in Advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowrider View Post
I finally installed mine as well. The map sensor gave me all types of issues. A butter knife did wonders though. I took the car for a spin shortly after, vroom vroom. Car has a significant kick and I feel the shifting is now much cleaner.

Regarding storing the brain unit, where did everyone place there's? I decided to tuck it behind the wires facing the maf sensor.
Obviously the install looked nothing like the video, nor could I find an actual ecu box.
if you pop the hood and look on the passenger side there is a plastic cover on the top left. You can remove those covers since the are clipped on. Then you can get a bit creative on how to place the device in the box.

In my opinion this is not a 15 min install. Plug and play yes.... If you want a clean install take your time placing the brain unit in a good spot.
Appreciate 0