View Single Post
      04-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #29
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Cannot begin to describe how upset I am.

Shop foreman said I left my parking lights on and the battery won't be covered. I said I always leave my lights on Auto. He said parking lights are activated by the turn signal stalk and showed me how to turn them on. I said I didn't even know about the feature, much less how to activate it, and that the car should cut off anything accidentally left on after a certain amount of time - to prevent battery drain. He said not with the parking lights. Got nowhere with asking for the printout; he said the report is BMW property and confidential!? Service advisor said a new battery would be $700 ($325 + labor for installation and programming)!? Absolute BS. Dishonoring warranty work on a $100k+ car with a mere 22k miles on the clock / 2 hours labor to "program" a battery. Are we in the twilight zone or something? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS POS COMPANY (AND ITS DEALER NETWORK)? Can't help but think that this is some big joke. Taking this up with the General Manager (Service Manager is useless, as I know corporate to be too). Even if I drop $700 on a new battery, I'm not letting this go. Can't believe it's come to this. Complete disgrace. Total shame. Any advice / insight welcome.

By the way, I always take the key and lock the car.

Otherwise, does Mercedes or Audi have these battery problems, and if so, how do they handle same?
Appreciate 0