Thread: GT VS X6
View Single Post
      08-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #4
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

Some people just don't get the GT and you can discount their comments entirely. It's sort of like when Porsche came out with their SUV...sacrilege!

There is actually more passenger space in the GT than the X6 and, matching engines, the GT is more efficient. Some don't like the frumpy lines, me, I accept them as being functional. You sit higher than in the sedan, but not as high as the X, so getting in is easier plus you still get a better view than in a sedan. Because the center of gravity is lower, I think the handling is better than the X. The GT has a lot more headroom, and that was one of the big deciding factors for me. The trunk and storage is larger, too. You are essentially getting a vehicle built on the 7-series chassis for a 5-series price with the GT. I'm happy with mine. On my drive home from the Performance Center in SC, it got over 30mpg, and this was on a green (new) vehicle, driven at or above the speed limits (mostly above, slightly to keep up or lead traffic) on the 535ix-drive; higher than the EPA rating.

I've only had it for a few months, but so far, it has met or exceeded my needs and expectations.
Appreciate 0