View Single Post
      07-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #19
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DitrasetMan View Post
Well, the only benefit the 528i has over the 535i is the price; and the gas mileage. But, doesn't the 535i have the eco-pro/engine top start as well?

In reality, the 528i gets 21 mph city, and the 535i gets 20 mph city. That is pretty much the same for a city driver.

I drove the 535i today, and it was definitely faster than the 528i. It was nice.

The only problem is, if I get the 535i, I won't be getting the comfort access system (because I won't be getting the premium package to save $1,500 to stay within budget). I would still have leather, as the 535i (unlike the 528i) comes with leather.

Ugh, decisions decisions decisions....
Both the 528i and the 535i have the A.S.S. system, automatic start and stop system. I thought the 4 banger was rougher when it starts in the automatic start and stop system, but you can judge for yourself.
In the city, both car gets pretty good gas mileage. On the highway, the 4 banger is better on gas. The 535i is has better highway passing power.
My wife loves her comfort access, I can take it or leave it. CA is more pf a advantage for a female, they dont have to dig thru their handbag for the keys, whereas I keep the fob in my front pocket for easy access.
Appreciate 0