View Single Post
      09-02-2016, 08:09 PM   #15
Zer0Cool92
Captain
Rep
Drives: blue metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditM3
Zero, I had a vibration at around 55mph, then again at 65 and 70 on up to about 80. It was worse getting off the throttle at 70 and coasting. I know it's not the tires because I had new tires put on and it the vibration stayed.

Basically after a search I found a remedy from a forum member on here.

So, find a nice stretch of deserted road that is straight. I found one in a commercial area where all the businesses were closed late at night. Get the car up to 60mph, brake hard to 10mph, accelerate back up to 60mph and repeat this 4 to 6 times. Then just drive around like normal. Keep I'm mind the brakes are hot after this, so they will stink and don't sit in one spot at a stop light for too long so the rotors won't warp.

I only did it 4 times. I suppose it heats the brakes up enough to clean any desposits off the rotors left on them from the pads. I did it 4 or 5 days ago and the vibration hasn't returned yet.

I can't remember the forum members name but it was explained it a lot better by them.
Okay thanks so much. Ya I replaced my tires as well and I can still feel a slight vibration. I'll give it a try this weekend. How long should I drive around after accelerating and braking so the rotors don't warp?
Appreciate 0