Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmax View Post
Hi guys, my first post here.
I've decided to get rid of my merc e63 amg and come over to the dark side
Fuel has just got to a point where it is so crazily expensive that it's taking the fun out of 6.2 litre ownership.
I've had a few mercs over the years and to be honest, as good as my e is (new shape version), I've got a bit bored of them. The 535d seems to be a great compromise between power and economy.
I've a couple of questions before I actually order though.

1. I've gone for the pro sat nav with rear screen entertainment package along with 6 DVD changer. Will DVDs actually play on the front screen as well as the two rears?

2. What the hell is a universal remote?

3. I've gone for 19" wheels but I notice they are run-flats, will my non run-flat
Winter tyres (19") be able to be fitted or do I have to get new winter tyres?

4. Do I need to order anything other than just a cable for my iPod to work with the above sat nav?

5. Is the sports gearbox worth the £110 extra

No doubt I'll think of other questions, but these are my main ones. I know how annoying at can be if you get things wrong at order time so big thanks to any of you guys who can help out with these questions.
1/ DVD will play on front screen stationary NOT moving.

2/ Universal remote NOt required.

3/ Your NONE run-flat tyres will fit but what happens if you get a puncture?.
BMW recommend 245/45/18 RUN-FLATS all round for winter set-up.

4/ Yes provided you have the option on the car.

5/ Sport auto is a MUST have, you can then adjust suspension gear train and steering independently.

I have the only 550i M Sport in the UK, soon going to listers at the end of the year for the new X3 M Sport 35D fully loaded, it arrives December/Jan.
This new engine with the 8 speed gearbox is stonking quick, 313BHP and 630NM torque. You will not miss the E62 AMG apart from crappy economy.
The torque of the 35D engine is huge.