View Single Post
      03-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #10
Farmerboy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 520d

I am on my second F10, the first was DSB. DSB is fantastic in bright sunlight but a magnet for salt and pale road muck. I am OCD about cleaning so washed at least once a week. After 2 careful years and 20,000 miles I traded it in. It went on the lot the next day as I had always polished out any marks. My current F10 is Space Grey, it always looks clean even after a winters week on the salty road. Hosed off and wiped over it is fantastic (so it should with 6,000 miles in 5 months).
When looking for a replacement for DSB I looked at Sophisto Grey Xirallic (A90). The car on the lot was a 3 month old demo car, it put me off as it was covered in deep swirls and looked like it had been cleaned with a scouring pad.
Dark colour BMWs look the business, my Jet Black E60 was fantastic when polished, a day later it would look unloved. My wife had a pearl white Fiat 500 It always looked clean her new black 500 if a pig to work on and needs a quick polish after each wash.
The same principle applies to seat covers, black leather shows more marks than grey, but for best looks I have had oyster/black in both F10's and find it so easy to keep clean. A light wipe with a damp bath towel every few weeks and a feed every six months or so.
Appreciate 0