View Single Post
      04-29-2013, 09:50 PM   #24
Andy H.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDeep1 View Post
I am so jealous at the install prices you guys get in Cali. Everyone in Dallas TX wants close to $800-$1000 for install alone.
Same here, BD! I'm in San Antonio.

I just got confirmation, today, that ACS (California) shipped my springs out today. Last week I checked with my service rep at the local BMW dealership to determine how much they would charge to do the install. He said they don't do client mods.

Today I checked with a privately owned and reputable automobile service center, close to my home, and asked how much they charge for the install. He said they do not install any parts that the customer has purchased and brought in with them due to insurance/liability issues.

Fortunately, we have a european automobile service center about 3 miles from my home. They specialize in Mercedes, BMW, Porsche and Volvo's. They have certified mechanics who specialize in these respective car manufacturers.

While I'm talking with him at the front desk he is looking up my car make, model, year, etc. for a front and rear spring install. He says his computer program states it will take 7 hours!!!

I tell him others around the nation are getting it done anywhere from $250 a $350 in 3 - 5 hours.

What a rip! I would do it myself if I had a lift.

So my only option is to pay the $600 for the install. Sh*t, the install cost $40 shy of what I paid for the springs!!!

I feel your pain, bro.

Last edited by Andy H.; 04-29-2013 at 10:03 PM..
Appreciate 0