08-22-2013, 03:06 AM   #1
B33M3R
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d XD M Sport

Upsizing

Hi All

Currently weighing up a move from an E90 to an F10 as with the expanding family the boot on mine just isn't cutting it now I'm afraid.

As mines due replacement in a few months I'd been leaning towards the new F31 but I've just discovered I can secure a deal on the new 5 series for about the same money if not less than the equivalent 3 Series (work based scheme) which is quite a surprise.

I'd probably have never considered the 5 before so I'm reading up like mad and playing around with the options. Seems well equipped from the off in M Sport guise, especially now it gets business Nav and Xenon's as standard.

Couple of questions

Can anyone confirm if we get only get non-led front indicators on the standard or Adaptive Xenon's? The chaps on the US site are freaking out over this apparent downgrade over the previous model.

I also see the sport auto has been dropped on the 520d, is the auto box still an 8 speed or is it more like the older versions?

Been down and had a look at the new LCI with the Mrs and it's size over the 3 is obviously quite substantial. Not had a test drive yet.

I'm considering either the 520d, 528i or the 530d M Sport. Obviously the extra toys will have to decrease as the engine size creeps up!

Anyone else who's moved up got any advice?