Bmwlvr60
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 28i

Garage List
2014 BMW 528ix  [0.00]
2013 BMX X3 28i  [0.00]
I like the review, but I'm partial to BMW's. The reviewer attended a "manufacturer's sponsored" event. This means he was wined and dined by BMW, was shown the highlights of the LCI and left to write a review. Does anyone really think this guy would write an unbiased review after all the attention he was given? I trust you people's comments much more than Edmunds, C&D, R&T and most all of the others. I do feel Consumer Reports is the most unbiased. They accept no advertising, buy cars anonymously and no one would want to wine/dine those geeks any way. :-)

I test drove the Lexus GS F Sport AWD for an hour. For a Japanese car it handles well, but comparing it to a 3 Series or 5 Series is a stretch. On a scale of 1-10 if the Bimmers are a 9,the F Sport is a 6 at best. I do know that the RWD version of the F Sport is a nicer drive- haven't driven it.

Cadillac ATS is another one I test drove and it's a 4 at best. Gimme a break. Some reviewers said the ATS compared to the Bimmers. The reviewers are either morons or totally biased. Plus it's a Cadillac and you have to buy it from a Cadillac dealer. Probably the most unprofessional group of New Jersey business people I've ever met. Yeah,yeah, it was one dealer, but left a very sour impression.

Hopefully BMW has improved it's reliability. I've owned 7 Problem free Japanese cars. My X3 is still relatively new. Lexus does build extremely reliable cars and BMW has been lagging behind in that department.

Fun to drive and beautiful, classic looking cars is what BMW has in my opinion. I do understand why some hate the GS looks, I'm not one of them. But, BMW, MB, and Audi make the most attractive cars in my opinion.
Appreciate 0