View Single Post
      02-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #46
C'sM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i xdrive wagon

Same here :-(

I bought my used 2011 550ix with 16,400 miles less than a month ago and have experienced the drive-train malfunction twice.

The first time was in a parking lot. I turned the engine off and than re-started it and it ran fine.

The second time was when I stopped by the dealership to tell them about my experience and when I went to leave it started acting up again. This time I turned the engine off and tried to start it again but it wouldn't until the third try and then the check engine light came on. I immediately pulled it into the service bay at the BMW dealership and they ran some diagnostics. They said it needed a part for the fuel system (I think it was a fuel pump?) which they had to order, but they said I should be fine driving until they get the part in. They now have the part in and I am scheduled to drop it off next Thursday. When I drop it off I will get more detailed information on exactly what part they are replacing and why. Hopefully this isn't something more troublesome........
Appreciate 0