View Single Post
      06-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
KCKC
Rep
Drives: 2012 Sophisto Grey 520i

NewComer

Hey guys,

Hey guys, I'm new to car forums in general. I ordered myself a sophisto grey 520i and it's coming in about a week or two. I'm quite new to bmw and after looking at several posts, I figure you guys are the car gurus who I hope to seek advices from. Now I apologize in advance if you guys have answered my questions a million times before but please bear with me, I admire your cars!. Couple things I want to do:

For starters...
1) I want to lower my car, I understand coilovers (ex. kw3) are probably the best. But I have a budget, and if i do decide to go springs, which is better in regards to comfort and performance if I tend to do spirited driving (ACS, H&R, RD, eibach)?Also, what's the best place to get it from? Would it be better if I bought it from say US (ie **********s) or HK and install it at a local shop? I'm located in taipei.

2) I'm also looking for rims and tires (Completely foreign in this field). I've been looking around and I find the forgestar f15 really intriguing because it's forged, offers a lip, but it's also 22'' >< (tad too big for my taste). I notice most of the people here have forgestar f14's . Now I'm wondering do they offer versions with polished lip as well (is that just the F14 F)? What are the Pros and Cons? Also, what offsets would you guys recommend if I like the polished, clean, with a touch of sporty, flushed, and aggressive look? Recommendations on tires? Again, any good places I should get it from? Would it be better to get the rims from US (ex. **********s) or HK , then purchase, install tires locally? If i install 20'' wheels and tires on the car, will it affect the sensors on the car ?

3) Lastly, is it possible to get the m front bumper on its own? Will it look odd if I have the front m-sport and everything else stock (Asking this because I think the m-sport bumper looks aggressive and I really want to throw on the akrym cf lip). I asked about it from my dealer but he keeps insisting that I can only get it with the m-sport package which costs 300k NT. For that price, I'd much rather throw on other aftermarket stuff ...

Last edited by KCKC; 06-08-2012 at 12:42 PM..
Appreciate 0