View Single Post
      10-12-2010, 12:55 PM   #41
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm323 View Post
Thanks for posting that. Did you follow through and read the rest of the thread and see other people's responses towards the end (and my other posts, too)? Look at the posts after those two: 11, 14, 15 and 17. Or are you simply selecting out two posts to try to prove something?

Again, I believe what I believe and being critical is far from trolling. Anyway, this thread has turned into a very informative thread.

I'm surprised as someone from Singapore that you would be so adamant as to cut off any sort of dissent. If someone speaks out against the government is it the appropriate response to shut them down and quiet them? That's where it gets scary, imho.

If I say that the F10 is more couch-like than the E60 (yet if that's what one is looking for then all is good), what is trolling about that? It's simply making an opinion. The fact is, I'm not the only one who is concerned about the F10 suspension versus the previous E60 suspension. Are the car magazines simply trolls? Is Consumer Report trolling? Are people who post negative reviews here all trolls?

You have to be critical about things in life otherwise you are simply rolling over and playing dead. Without criticism, then no progress can ever be made.

The bottom line (for me) is that as a potential consumer of the F10, I'm concerned/upset/nervous (call it what you will) that the F10 has been turned into more of a couch-like comfort car similar to other luxury cars out there. I personally like the "E60 style" suspension and am worried about EPS and the cushioning up of the F10. But I'm no troll.

If you can't take criticism, then look the other way. But please don't attempt to shut people up. Especially by using misinformation (ie, that the chassis isn't designed for RFTs and I don't know what I'm talking about, etc..) That borders on fascist thinking and cuts off all dialogue.

This thread is an informative one, btw. And a new one has even appeared today about RFT and chassis dynamics of the F10.
EDIT: here's that new thread for anyone who's interested:http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=441975

Last edited by stickypaws; 10-12-2010 at 01:10 PM..
Appreciate 0