View Single Post
      04-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #9
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1953 View Post
I think that is proper English slang for bumpy and harsh. If you think the 5 series is "crashy" you should try the Acura TL with the sports suspension on the SH-AWD model. I owned one for three years, and while it handles like it is on rails, I no longer have any fillings in my teeth.
I like that saying, is there such a thing as proper slang? Surely if slang it is not then proper?
But it sounds good.

When I say crashy, it isn't so much the fact it is a firm ride, my M3 was firm, my M3 CSL was really firm, but it still gripped the road really well and never made you cringe when you hit a raised manhole cover or suchlike.
It seems to me that if you are pressing on in the F11 and you hit a corner that is not pool table flat, the back end doesn't bite into the corner but starts to bump about a bit.
Now I know this is the run flats, and a simple swap to proper tyres would probably get rid of it, but that is the problem, it is 'probably'.
And getting back in my X1 made me realise that it could be more than just tyres that cause it.
Not a gamble I wanted to take.

Don't get me wrong a great car, but after living with a Mercedes for 2 years it has made me appreciate different things.

And to think, 2 years ago I nearly called the dealer up the night before getting my E320cdi to say I was not old enough for a Mercedes yet.
The thought of swapping my BMW for a Mercedes was scary, I only did it as I needed that huge boot in the tourer, but have fallen for them big time.
Appreciate 0