View Single Post
      08-11-2010, 08:10 PM   #15
dpwr
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a good one

i got 528 but let's be real here, if money was no issue i'd be in 550 no question asked... what you talking about is like saying 328 is better then 335 because it weights 100 pounds less... 528 is pretty isolated as well, stop justifying your purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisond View Post
You guys just aren't getting it what I'm trying to say.

If the 535 or 550 felt like(and weighed the same) as the 528 in my opinion they would be the ones to get as who doesn't like more power.

What I'm trying to say is that as a result of what ever BMW has done to them they just feel a lot more isolated. With the turbo's they can run taller gears, so there is less 'Good' vibrations etc..and the throttle tip-in isn't as good either. I think they also have more sound insulation, there just too isolated, too Lexus Like.

And the weight difference is noticeable as well, the 528 is just that much more chuckable, the 535 and 550 have just gotten too heavy. The mid 80's M5 was only 3,412 lbs.

With a real sport suspension on the 528i it would be the back road handling champ.

Go try a 528i back to back with a 535 or 550 and take it for a long drive and try to ignore what it says on the back and your ego, it's just nicer to drive on normal roads.

I would hope on an Enthusiast site like this, I would be preaching to a sympathetic audience, but if you want BMW to continue down the path of Lexus domination keep talking about awesome Nav systems and stuff that dilutes the driving experience.

There is a reason our M-Sport pack doesn't include a proper M-Sport suspension.
Appreciate 0