View Single Post
      08-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #100
yanic
Rep
Drives: F11 M Sport 520d

I decided in the end to replace the tweeters and mids with top hifi equivalents. I am aware that this puts more draw on the 667 amp due to the fact that the speakers are in paralell. (ref. technic's post higher up)

6513 9 184 794 Tweeter ordered!
65139169693 Speaker x2 ordered
2 x Tweeter Top hifi grilles ordered

Ordered these bits off German ebay 2nd hand and using a postal redirect service. (mailboxde)

The tweeters and the grilles were £50
The 4" top hifi mids were £35 each.

plus a further £15 for the postal forward. £135.

I would have loved to have purchased a full set of,

Tweeters / Grills / Front door speakers / Subs / Rear headlining mids (I drive an F11) / 2 channel or 4 channel amp.

Cambridge Audio quoted me about £780 for the whole lot but I just can't quite justify the expense. They promised better than the HKardon default install. They said they could get that closer to £600 for a 2 channel amp and not using the rear speakers. They said that the amp would go under the boot near the battery. Hertz speakers I believe were their choice.

Anyway, I've gone for the cheapy option (i do hope that it wont break my amp as it would be a shame to damage the idrive on this stereo car)

Not sure yet if I will install it, I dont have the panel removing tools (I guess I could order these off ebay) but again, Cambridge Audio said they would do the work for £55 in an hour and a halfs work. If it doesn't work out how I want or still not the quality I want, I guess I shall be going back to Cambridge Audio for the full whammy with the new amp.
Appreciate 0