04-18-2011, 07:28 AM   #10
O.S.
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi Msport

Alright here are my impressions so far

Compared to GY LS2
Michelin PSS is noisier. On all surfaces. Similar to other max performance tires. It is loudest on concrete ot HWY speeds. I had to turn up the volume on my stereo. GY LS2 were dead quiet. But having said that the tires are not loud just very noticable compared to LS2.

Michelins took the edge off all the road imperfections. They dont seem as sharp when you go over.

Car feels less like a cadilac and more like a bmw. Much more crisp, solid, together feeling. I can feel the suspension working in turns rather than just rubbery mushy response i got with LS2 where you just not sure what is failing tge tires or suspension.

No more understeer. Muchelins just bite into the road and get you into a turn.

VERY smooth transitions at and over the traction limits. The first time i experienced that when going at a stupid speed into a ramp off a highway. It was raining and my tail started to go around me on a downward ramp. Just letting off the accelerator and correcting with the steering wheel fixed the problem but what i noticed then how smooth the loss and regaining of traction was. ALL other tires on all ohwr cars were jerky especially ar the moment of regaining stability. Michelin Pilot Sport (original ones) being the worst.
So Pilot Suprt Sports are Very easy tires to control at and over the limits of traction.

Breaking on wet - amazing. The best i ever experienced in a tire.

The bad - i want to upgrade the suspension now. You almost feel the suspensions gives out before the tires do when driving at the limits.
Appreciate 0