View Single Post
      08-18-2011, 04:39 AM   #43
JoeyFiasco
Major
Rep
Drives: '09 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanak View Post
We'll probably get shafted in the US. We get no diesel love...we were lucky to get the 335d
There's a vested interest in not letting consumer diesels take off in the states. Does Detroit really have many offerings for diesel consumer vehicles for example? see quote from wallstreet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet View Post
Whao ! Maybe I will see some of those anti-diesel posters forming self-help support group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdinamo View Post
No, but if all of us go to the dealer and demand more diesels in US then they'll come.
if enough people clamor for it, sure. but it will have to be a substantial number. Auto culture and perceptions of diesels will have to change considerably in the states though. Even here in europe diesels are not perceived on par with gas in terms of perfomance, but even Top Gear makes a case for them against hybrids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipit View Post
Diesel is more expensive than petrol in the US. In Europe it is the other way around.
diesel falls in between regular and super in the UK and some other european countries but overall you're right.
Unleaded Regular $7.97 (average) Diesel $7.26 (average)

considering how much further you can usually travel on a tank of diesel as opposed to gas the price diff/premium in the states is marginal at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbryce View Post
They had better not put an ///M badge on this...

SUV's, turbo charging engines, now a diesel? They're betraying all the things that made me, and I'm sure pretty much every other true bimmer afficianado, fall in love and reapect the brand...

Upsetting..
Don't be a snob, I don't hear anyone in the mercedes community up in arms about the fact that they manufacture garbage trucks, and buses. Does that make the SLS any less of a car?
Appreciate 0