View Single Post
      08-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #15
acorradi87
Private
Rep
Drives: e39

If only we would have had Oprah implore them to bring it here in the first place... would they have said no?

What they don't say (I'm pretty sure this is true) is that, yes, the 5GT 'outsold' the e61 it replaced, but I think they're comparing the last year sales of the e61 to the first year sales of the 5GT. That's very misleading because it's expected that sales for a model that's reaching the end of its lifespan are going to be lackluster.

To this day I have NO idea what told them people would get a 5GT instead of a touring... I can see offering both of them and giving people the option, given that the wagon was already developed for other markets and only needs a few tweaks to bring it stateside.

One of my favorite BMWs is the 2003 e39 540i Touring M Sport. So few of them were brought here, a friend has one, and for some reason I still lust after it. When it comes time for another car, I would not get an F10. The proportions look odd too me. The back end of the F11 balances out the front and I would LOVE to own one in M Sport guise. Bring it on, BMW!
Appreciate 0