01-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
donniemcm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

Garage List
Your Black box recorder setup

Oki let's see what do we have in here

I'll begin with mine which is the Korean made Caidrox CD3000 took with my shouldn't be so crappy korean phone

The front view from outside :

A closer view :

Like most of good black box, it will switched on once the car is started or when the car is "opened" as its powered by the car cigarete lighter (for the easy installation)

An inside view of the thing :

Same but with a clumsy flash revealing a pile of cable. It actually comes from the rear camera cable, I will need to think later on how to hide more cleanly

The cables are running through the side "gutters". So it shouldn't be seen except here at the rear left seat :

Here the carpet view that also needs to be rethink of

And then going to the rear seat cigarete. Actually I could have put it in the front but as you know, the front lighter need the cover to be lift up to access it. So I prefered having the choice to keep it close for aesthetic and plug the setup behind.

Here is the view of the right side column where you can see the black cable passing in between the grey and black "wall". And then it goes down though the plastic gutter

This is the rear upper corner where you can see the cable, it can be cleaner but will do later

And then we arrive at the rear camera and idem cable can be inserted in the gutter though here same quick and dirty job, it still can be seen

Note for people who wants to DIY : stick the rear camera on the black plastic so that the white sticker can't be seen from outside

Further review of the video quality to come
Appreciate 0