Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksquare View Post
Guys,

I have been driving my 535 GT for about a month plus. I noticed a few issues as follows:-

1) I get a very loud wind noise when i press the panorama roof all the way back. I mean all the way (pressing the button 4 times). BMW said nothing can be done, just advised dont press all the way back....

2) occasionally i hear wind noise from the side window (driver side)

3) at around 50km/h (b/t 40 to 60), I can subtly feel some steering wheel vibration (as if some friction feel). its quite mild and you have to "look for it" to feel it. dont have it at higher of lower speeds. I took it back to bmw and the technician couldn't feel it. maybe i am too sensitive.

4) when the engine is on, i can hear a constant "tapping/knocking" sound. I wonder if this is normal as my previous e90 didnt have this at all.

Anyone have similar issues? or any other issues to look out for?

I personally have never experienced any severe buffeting with the pano roof all the way open, albeit I have never driven on the highway with it all the way open.

Did you notice the vibration "before" you put the aftermarket rims/tires on? it could be attributable to the balance being slightly off BTW do you have the Lane Departure Warning system? it intentionally vibrates the steering wheel if it detects you are about to leave your lane of travel without signaling.

I dont recall every hearing any tapping noise on cold start (V8) buuuut there is some shifting hesitation on the 1-2 shift' at times...

Other than that, no other "pecuiliarities" noted
2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0