View Single Post
      07-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
Tuesday
Frequent Flyer
Rep
Drives: 535LCI

F10 N55 JB4 Stage2 is awesome!

I recently gave my car to Terry @ BMS for testing of the stage 2 tune he has been working on. He had it for a few days and my casual patience turned into a nagging sense of anticipation as he emailed me progressive updates. I picked the car up this afternoon and am SO impressed. I had Stage1 before this and was definitely happy with it - but this takes it to a new level. The power boost over stock is totally noticeable, but what really makes this tune stand out is the 'lag fix' (as Terry put it). The throttle response is spot on and the way it delivers power through the gears is like I shed a 500lb weight off the car. I don't notice a dramatic decrease in fuel economy either - although I am driving a bit more 'spirited' than normal.

If I had to sum up the tune in one sentence it would be: This is what driving a BMW should feel like.

(And I haven't even tried it in sport/sport+ mode yet!)

If you've been holding out for a solid tune, your wait is almost over. They even figured out how to enable auto-clear so any SES or CEL's that pop up from the tune or a down pipe are already taken care of. Once he works out the on-the-fly map switching with gauge controls there will literally be no competition on the market for N55 tunes. Flash tunes are fine - but if you want something that clears tuner codes and can be removed in 30 minutes for dealer trips - this is the smartest choice so far.

I am running map 1 right now - pretty soon I will fill up with 100 octane and give map 2 a shot.

Thanks again Terry! I will definitely send you updates as I put miles on the car.

www.burgertuning.com

(I do not work for them nor am I paid to endorse their products)
Appreciate 0