View Single Post
      08-03-2016, 09:02 PM   #1
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

LSturbointeg's slow & long journey of full detailing using Chemical Guy's!

So in this thread I will post my detailing experience to share with you guys! I am by no means a detailing expert but if anyone's going to "LOVE" my car it's going to be me lol! My wife gave me a "HALL PASS" (if anyone remembers that movie with Jason Sudeikis) any who from my other thread I showed all the products and tools I purchased. This will not be done in one day, two days or even the weekend! So today I started at 4pm and stopped at 8:30pm.

So first thing was i got all my detailing products and what not from Chemical Guys & Detailers Domain. assembled my mechanic's Stool and cart from Harbor Freight using ridiculous coupons I get from my email! isn't this so beautiful! I just looked at it for like 5 minutes wondering what other crap I can buy just too fill up the empty space any products that has a spray nozzle hangs off the side, bottles are on the top shelf...I have microfiber towels, drying towels, shop rags, cleaning brushes and latex gloves on the middle shelf and I keep the DA and some of the bigger stuff on the bottom

First things first gotta remove all the old wax from the car using CG's Clean Slate. One thing I noticed about this stuff is if anyone knows about washing cars when you have a wax on your car...washing your car feels smooth and slick because of the wax protection. If you lean your hand against the car you could slip real easily. When I used the Clean Slate you could feel how there's no more wax on the paint as there's resistance on the paint as you lean against it. Plus it smells sorta citrusy if that's a word

Here she is all cleaned and stripped of wax!

Next removing all surface contaminants using Meguiar's clay bar and Detailing spray. This took me a good hour to do!

First step in the paint correction I'll be using CG's V34, Orange HexLogic pad, Pad Conditioner and DA Polisher

Now I tried my best to show the scratches and swirls but I don't have my son's DSLR camera so I'm using my Note3 Samsung phone to take pictures. But you can see some of the scratches from the reflection

And after! You can see from the picture above the reflection isn't as clear but this picture shows how much clearer the reflection is

So that's pretty much all I got done today...the Hood I'll keep posting more pictures as I go!

For those who don't know what product's I'm using or will be using here's my list:
Chemical Guy's:
V32 Optical Grade Extreme Compound
V34 Optical Hybrid Compound
V36 Optical Grade Cutting Polish
V38 Optical Final Polish
Orange Hexlogic pad (compound)
White Hexlogic pad (finishing )
Black Hexlogic pad (waxes & sealants)
Clean Slate
Black Light Hybrid Radiant Gloss Enhancer and sealant
JetSeal Sealant
ButterWet Wax
Hybrid V7 Optical sealant and Detailer

For my wheels:
Dr Beasley's Matte Wheel sealant
CG's Meticulous Matte Sealant and Detailer
Ferret Wheel cleaning brush

For the Leather Interior:
CG's Leather Conditioner
Leather cleaner
Long Bristle Horse hair leather cleaning brush

CG's Stripper scent (to make my car small like Hot Hoes & Stripper!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 08-03-2016 at 10:21 PM..
Appreciate 6
Jet in Oz184.50
DDD311649.00
007F1063.00
Mr.blue224.50
sqeezed99.50