lmaleke
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: shifting priorities for now...

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
ACS Germany has been great throughout and they are having their engineers look into the issue. I submitted my findings to them and have not heard from them yet. It usually takes a few days...

I will keep you guys posted on what they say. Shouldn't be that difficult for them to send me something more oem looking to replace the hose method i am using even though its basically the same thing.

Besides adding the silicone hose to the top second coil i also stuff two pieces of foam under the front fender liner. Doubt that did anything but just wanted to throw that out there. The F10 seems to be built very different from my past bmw's. Materials used seems more hollow (albeit to save some weight) and sounds seem to echo much louder when you bang on them. The fender liner is held to the chassis by those plastic push pin style fasteners and there were areas where it seem like it could vibrate against the chassis because there was too large a gap between fasteners and felt like it could flap a little. If you are sitting facing the front wheel directly the foam insert i used was place right around the 1 and 4 o'clock position. Basically all i did was used was something soft, lift the fender liner apart with my hand and wedged it behind.

Alan
Thanks Alan! I'm thinking about stopping by after work at our equivalent of Home Depot to get some silicon hose and some 3M double sided tapes.. How thick is the silicon hose that you are using by the way? And the diameter, please?
Appreciate 0