View Single Post
      12-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #71
TunedIn
BMW Car and Bike Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 535i, '08 750i, '12 K1300S

Le Mans Blue vs. Alpina Blue ???

Well, I've finally gone ahead and ordered an M-Sport 2012 535i with special order paint for the extra charge. I found a dealer in Los Angeles who was willing to knock $1,000 off of the normal $5,000 cost, so that pushed me over the top. My F10 will be pretty well loaded with Premium Package, Premium Sound, Technology Package, Active Roll Stabilization, Topview, etc.

So here's the question: Should I go with Le Mans Blue (which is what I specified) or switch to Alpina Blue (assuming I can get this color, NA rep is checking). Of all the multitude of BMW blues, I like Le Mans Blue for being a true, pure blue, with minimal metal-flake. Alpina Blue of course is lighter, with more sparkle, and it looks a little more "luxurious". Either color will look exceptional, and certainly exclusive on a 5-series. One advantage of Alpina Blue is that this color is only available on the Alpina B7, the highest-end car in BMW's current range. Le Mans Blue, on the other hand, while being exclusive to the M3 and M Sport equipped 3-series and 1-series, is a little less exclusive, and on cars "below" the 5-series, rather than above it like Alpina Blue on the 7.

So, which blue should I go with for my $4,000 special order paint charge ?

NOTE: PLEASE POST REPLIES TO NEW THREAD TO HANDLE THIS QUESTION - THANKS !
http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthre...7#post11040377

Last edited by TunedIn; 12-26-2011 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: Decided to direct posts to new thread
Appreciate 0