12-15-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
B R A N D X®
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fast Cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarBrain View Post
Congrats, you will love your 550i.

At first I did not order the rear seat entertainment system for my F10 550i. I thought that my two kids are already spoiled from the rear seat entertainment system in my Mercedes GL 450. I thought that if they really need to watch movie that much, then I may just buy 2 tablets in the future.

But looking back I realized the options that I used the most in my GL 450 was the GPS system, the keyless entry, and the rear seat entertainment system.

In my 550i, I don't use the satellite radio, self parallel parking and lane departure warning. If only I could delete these options and pay a little bit more for the rear seat entertainment system then I would be a lot happier.
We have the rear seat entertainment in my wife's X5 and, really, once the novelty wore off both of our kids went back to reading, playing their Nintendo DS systems (or trying to kill each other) more than wanting to watch videos. I predict that they'll complain if we don't have it, but they don't use it much when we do.

We don't really take many lengthy trips via car though so maybe that's the difference.....?
"A toast then: To the BMW M3, the greatest all-around car in the world."
-Arthur St. Antoine, Motor Trend Magazine's Editor at Large
Appreciate 0