12-16-2010, 06:08 PM   #7
B R A N D X®
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fast Cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smhoer View Post
Hi BrandX,
My 550 should be arriving at port tomorrow. Hopefully will be delivered to me late next week. Did you deal with Leith? This is the first time since the mid 80s I have been able to come to a deal with Leith. New sales mgt since my last car resulted in a good deal.

Congrats and enjoy you ride.
Hi,

Congrats on your soon to be delivered 550!

Yes, I dealt with Leith. They have always taken very good care of me, but like most dealerships it may have something to do with who you deal with. I started buying cars from them in '92 and have purchased 10-12 BMW's from them since.

Starting in 2002 I have dealt with only two guys and they have both been great.

Roland Lewis, who is primarily their Rolls-Royce sales consultant, is my current go-to guy and he is very knowledgeable and usually comes to me with a price I'll accept right out of the gate.

The discount from sticker on the 550i was about 6.7% I believe.

I've shopped at Performance in Chapel-Hill as well, but while they seem eager to please and perfectly great to deal with they've just never had the right car for me when I was ready to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 727jbh View Post
You're gonna love the car. I got mine last week and it's just amazing. And as you, I got all the goodies +1, the active cruise. It's a great car!!! Post pics when you can, mine are under the media blog 'my new 2011 550i graphite metallic'.

Thanks! Your car is gorgeous BTW.

Glad to hear you've enjoyed it so far.

One thing I don't understand is that the BMW literature says the Active Seat movement is "imperceptible". Do you find this to be true? In my car it feels like a coffee can is slowly rising under first one butt check and then the other! Not a particularly pleasant experience!

I have ventilated seats in my Carrera though and I know I'll enjoy that during the summer months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delvek View Post
Congrats on your car and hope you enjoy it as much as I do. How are you going to control that beast on I-40 is beyond me (I spend some time in the Triad).
Thanks!

Yes, I-40 is not a great place to enjoy driving a car......that's for sure. Not so terribly congested, but tons of horrific drivers! At least the DOT is slowly widening it and smoothing over the stretches of older, broken pavement.

Fortunately I have a 35 mile commute into work each day and I start from outside of town with about 10 miles of excellent, twisty and undulating roads that I can enjoy before hitting the new 264 bypass which, at least, is pretty wide open and has a 70mph speed limit.

Unfortunately, the same country road that is so much fun heading into work is a nightmare of deer herds on the way home after dark!

I've had two collisions with deer in two different BMW's in the past 3 years. Never fun!
"A toast then: To the BMW M3, the greatest all-around car in the world."
-Arthur St. Antoine, Motor Trend Magazine's Editor at Large
Appreciate 0