View Single Post
      03-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
TonyMeister
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW...
Location: I'm here I'm there I'm F' everywhere I'm the eggman

The Stig reviews the 535i F10 and he likes it.

Ben "I used to be The Stig until I wrote a book about it" Collins, reviewed a titanium silver 535i MSport F10 for the Daily Mail and he rated the F10's performance 5 out of 5 stars

Name:  stig-f10-1.jpg
Views: 11089
Size:  40.3 KB

Name:  stig-f10-2.jpg
Views: 9326
Size:  191.4 KB

He liked the F10 but didn't like the E-class W212 very much.

Source: The-Stig-Top-Gears-mystery-stuntman-test-drives-executive-saloons

Quote:
The Skoda that made The Stig jump: Top Gear's former mystery stuntman test drives six executive saloons

He beat the BBC when they tried to gag him. So who better than ex Stig Ben Collins to make a ruthless choice between a Skoda, a Mercedes, a BMW, a Ford, a Vauxhall and a Jaguar (and test their sporty features to the full)?

On a quiet Home Counties road in January, a 35-year-old father of three is driving a Skoda between leafy verges. It's an everyday scene.

A bend approaches. The car hardly slows, carrying a racing line through the curve and immediately accelerating up a short hill, gathering so much speed that at the crest it takes off, all four wheels leaving the ground before slamming back down, taking another tight corner with a squeal of tyres and disappearing in a cloud of dust.

This is no ordinary driver on no ordinary road (this is Millbrook, a private test track in Bedfordshire). But it is an ordinary car - and parked nearby are a Mercedes, a BMW, a Ford, a Vauxhall and a Jaguar, all waiting to be given the same treatment.

You wouldn't look twice at them if you were here, and that's the point. Decades of consumerism and technological progress mean that even across a range of £22,000-47,000, cars aimed at the successful middle class are remarkably similar in terms of safety, comfort and improved efficiency. It takes particular skills to tease out the fine pros and cons, and Live has enlisted a man who's more than qualified to probe the very modern line between comfort and performance.

Some say he spent the past eight years in a white suit and helmet. All we know is, he's no longer called The Stig...

Continued at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mosl...e-saloons.html
Appreciate 0