View Single Post
      04-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #28
Vinfast
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 550i M-Sport

This was my first mod also. I was always scared to mess with an expensive car as I didn't want to mess it up, but I also wanted to make it steer and ride like my previous car after spending so much money on a new and improved model.

After attempting this with H&R springs which I didn't like because they were too low and the ride was bad, I tried the RD springs which I like much better. Edwin, I wish I could ride in your car to see how your car rides compared to mine.

I was I had my complete '08 550i M-sport suspension -- stock springs and struts on my F10 550i. The suspension was perfect. My RD sport springs are about 20% stiffer than stock, but I wish the struts and springs were as stiff as my previous car. With the F10 suspension, you feel the extra weight in the softer suspension, and the light steering of course. With the extra 400 pounds and the softer suspension, it makes it feel much heavier than that.

Everything else about my 550 is perfect. Hopefully, if enough people complain about the soft suspension and light steering on the F10, they'll change it back and you'll have a perfect 5 series without the mods. I guess you can't have everything.
Appreciate 0