12-06-2011, 06:39 AM   #13
alextremo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimefam View Post
I just changed mine two days before thanksgiving as I was gonna drive from Atlanta to Miami and back. Underneath everything was clean and with that cover I would have felt it oily if it was leaking. That gasket thing is crazy but I wouldn't mind watching them drop the oil pan to see how difficult it is. While I'm 95% sure mine is straight burning oil(I smoke enough to make me think this is a two stroke engine) I'm not at all impressed with the tolerances apparently used on these motors. Still aside from it billowing out enough smoke to make people think I've got a blown headgasket I love driving it so we'll see. Oh and since I haven't been beating on it I've now gone 2,800 miles since the oil change and am only down a 1/4 of the way on the bar. Do you drive it rough everyday? I think that is the biggest reason why some burn more oil then others. I always drive in sport mode and routinely take it to redline for the hell of it but I'm gonna see if I baby it(at least more than usual) how long before I have to add a quart.
yep, you definitely would notice it leaking if you got under the car. I'm interested to hear what they say once they get the oil pan off if they find anything else...

Theres so much torque down low I almost never get to red line, especially here just south of boston where theres not a lot of open space on the roads I do get on it every time I drive it, but for very short spurts - enough to get that push me back in my seat feeling.
Appreciate 0