View Single Post
      03-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #5
Chili Palmer
Master Of My Domain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i Gran Coupe

This is a purely a subjective item. What sounds great on the outside is usually completely different on the inside. I had a truck in my early 20's and at that time Flowmaster was the hot item in performance mufflers. I got in the truck and loved the vroom, vroom sound, but after about 20 minutes on the freeway at cruising speed I quickly fell out of love, but when I got on it, it was awesome. It was a love-hate relationship.

I've read about guys spending over $3000 on an exhaust system to only say it drones a little bit. For that price it should not drone at all.

For the money, Corsa makes an awesome exhaust, I had one on my Z06 Vette, as well as my Chevy 3/4 ton pick up. It does what it says - It's quiet at cruise, but when you get on it, look out! The unfortunate thing is they don't make a muffler set-up for the F-10's. I've written them and they have said that there hasn't been enough demand for BMW's in the past so they are not doing any R&D on the latest generation. I told them that they are missing a great opportunity as the BMW owners who modify their cars is a growing group.

I'm in the same boat as you, I want better sound from my 550, but don't want to spend big bucks on something that only adds sound and no performance value. Whatever you do, good luck.
Appreciate 0