View Single Post
      08-10-2023, 08:48 AM   #3
TuunedF10
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bmw 535i

Hello Friends -

I am planning to buy a used/certified 2017/18/19 BMW 5 series and was hoping to get some thoughts from the Gearheads/Overachievers here (Owning and maintaining a BMW in my eyes is really an achievement).

I live in North Carolina so hopefully I can skip the xDrive to get a car with less miles but confused regarding the 530i vs 530e. Preliminary research says that 530e is be a bit cheaper as folks would have received federal credit but also a little expensive to maintain as it has 2 motors instead of 1.

Following is a list of questions, I hope I can get more information:

Should I avoid a specific Model year? For ex. 2017 as it was a refresh and might have new model issues?

General maintenance - How much should I plan - I am prepared for $1k/year (that too is crazy expensive for me coming from Toyota/Infiniti)?

Should I pursue cars from Carvana/Vroom or specifically look for Certified cars. Apart from extended warranty, what are the benefits of CPO?

I have a budget of $40K, should I break it for 540i?

Anything in general a BMW virgin should know.

You should probably move this question to the g30 forum those guys actually are driving the cars your asking about and may have more insight
Appreciate 1