View Single Post
      07-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
///MSpt550xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 550xi

Remus and M5 diffuser on a 550

I had Remus Race on my e92 M3, and I loved it! It looked great, sounded even better, and it turned heads.

Now that I have the F10 550, the one thing that I felt it was lacking was that look and sound to match was is under the hood.

I have been waiting for Remus to come out with something for the 550, but it does not seem they are going to. I looked at other brands as well, but frankly I wasnt interested in paying around $5k for an exhuast system.

So, with all of that being said, and talking to some people, I decided to take the plunge and ordered the Remus exhaust that is built for the 535, but make it work for the 550. The problem was that the pipe coming out of the cat into the muffler is 70mm. The opening for the Remus muffler is 65mm. So I needed to have an adapter made.

Well, its made, installed and ready to go. Here is the pic that was sent to me from the shop. I havent seen it yet, I havent heard it yet. It just completed today and below is the pic that the shop sent me (I will be picking it up tonight after work). I have been told that it sounds great though.

More pics, and hopefully sound clips, to follow.

Ohh yeah... I had the M5 diffuser installed as well.
Attached Images

2012 F10 550xi M Sport, Dark Graphite Metallic II, Black Nappa, Aluminum Hexagon Trim, Cold Weather Package, Ceramic Controls, Premium Sound Package, Luxury Seating Package, 30% Tint, Painted Reflectors
Appreciate 0