View Single Post
      11-25-2012, 06:20 AM   #1
bboy1234
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i Msport

F10 Rebuild Project

Hello everyone I am sorry for a long first thread. As you can see by my title I have a real project on my hands. I purchased a 2011 550i with M-sport package from IAAI. The car was totaled and has 8263 miles on it. There was no airbag deployment or glass breakage. The only only panels damaged was slight damage to the hood and the truck lid, and the tail panel of the car is pushed in at the top center 2.5 inches. When I received the car it had been stripped down by the body shop and I received none of the parts. I ordered about 1650.00 worth of parts from a BMW dealership who told me they were giving me the parts at 10% over cost. I have ordered re-manufactured oem M-sport bumpers. I have purchased from ebay the headlights,tail lights, foglights, and the parking sensors. So far the parking sensors are the only non OEM parts I have purchased. I will Take some pictures of the car and post them today. I will post pictures as I go along with this project. I am not a mechanic nor a auto body guy. I hope you guys will find this interesting. I am sure I will have questions.
Appreciate 0