View Single Post
      02-23-2011, 08:30 AM   #20
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamier9 View Post
Yes, you are right...Sime Darby is the same co that brings in the BMW brand to Singapore as well.

First of all our government taxes are much higher than in HK and on top of that we have to buy a piece of paper called a COE(certificate of entitlement) to register a new car. This alone cost me US$42000.00 and is only valid for this car. Plus on top of that the BMW dealers are making a minimum of US$56000-US$64000 per car. They basically have no competition!!

We do have parallel imports as well, they are generally US$16000-US$20000 cheaper but they do not come with any factory warranty which scares alot of people off. Even the parallel importers are making an average of US$32000 -US$40000 per BMW car sold.
I heard the COE price increased alot, up 3* in last year? perhaps now is not good time to buy
Makes it alot easier for me to accept the abuse at the hands of the local dealer..
I think SG has much better plans for traffic management and overall long term planning, HK, we just about the $$$ hohoho

Riding taxis in HK =cheap,
leaving phones in taxis every couple of months =expensive, but good excuse to change phones (not me)
Appreciate 0