View Single Post
      07-14-2022, 02:19 PM   #41
Livand
Registered
Rep
Drives: F10 2011

Hi all.
How can I make ambient lights to work on my confort, active seats retrofitted. Everything works, including memory buttons after retrofitting from standard seats. I have only collum steering error, because the confort seats, as I understand include also electrical column steering but this should not affect anything.
If I code the seats with 4UR option will be enough to light up the ambient lights of the seats? Do I need to code FRM to? With VO coding...adding 4UR to VO then seat modules code. ...
I don't have the ambient lights at all on my car.
Sorry if I typed anything wrong but I'm newbie in coding but still succeed to retrofit the seats by myself. Wiring diagram, and seatbelts error was the hardest part.

In the meantime I have found that Ambient lighting is not connected to the seat module. No need to code it.
In F10 there was no such light. For 5GT, long base and 7 series depending on the year there is one or two wires going from the plug under seat to FRM (pin 48 in plug A58*3B or pin 10 and 7 in plug A58*1B).

But new questions now:
1. In order to know if I need one or 2 wire I need to know the year model of the seats?Fast way?
2. I installed also the ambient led in the doors, the one with one color only and connected each one to the door panel for windows.
All three doors work the dimm but for the driver door ot stays at full bright and does not change like the three other when I move the lights wheel.
Can you help me more, please?
Maybe with some vin or schematics? I only find schematics for ambient with 2 colors and for those I need to route differ wires, and there are 2.
Thanks
Appreciate 0