View Single Post
      05-02-2013, 02:52 AM   #17
gxprice
Portugal
Rep
Drives: G31 520d Touring

Good to hear back from you DrNat! I've had my car for 10 days now and can't say I've found anything I don't really like about it (yes, yes, I know - what do you expect after dropping the best part of 60K UKP on a car!). My only bugbear is that my Galaxy S3 won't hook me up with Internet so I may have to get a cheap phone with a data-only PAYG SIM card to enable this.

Based on what you said, I'm glad I didn't select the MS (presume M Sport?) set up and suspension - although to be fair, the roads are in a helluva lot better shape here than the UK (!).

I don't have any suspension "options" on my car, just the "normal" (whatever that is classified as) but find the ride to be great; the comfort seats and the overall quality of the cabin/controls/instruments etc. really help the overall experience also.

I confess I made a deliberate choice in this direction (i.e. comfort) as I alluded to in previous remarks and was very happy to find a car that was specced accordingly.

Interesting comment on the brakes - not noticed any issues so far with this (but then, I'm still in the phase of "wafting" along and watching the fuel tank remaining full ). What exactly didn't inspire confidence? Too much pedal travel? Brake fade with too much heat? If it was lock up (or more specifically, ABS kicking in), it's more likely a function of the tires which you should be able to address to a significant extent (ditch the run-flats, get some performance rubber on there). I've also read here (or bimmerfest?) of cases where dealers have over-inflated tyres at delivery which would cause the understeer (as well as skittishness / feeling of imperfections / non-optimised brake performance). Anyway, track mode off

Just my 2p worth - I hope you find the car you're looking for
Appreciate 0