United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
Reading this thread leaves me scratching my head. The M5 diffuser isn't designed for any other car - just the M5. Why go through all the trouble of physically modifying your car for a piece of plastic? Why not find another diffuser instead that's actually designed for the car you own?
Hey Wdimagineer. I think most (including myself) go or gravitate for the M5 OEM diffuser cause it is advertised as a direct fitment for the M-Sport rear bumper which the F10 M5 and F10 Msport models share.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462

From the bumper down including the attatchment points its a direct fit and add to it the fact that its an OEM and less costlier option that has benefits and makes it attractive.

Most other difusers are CF and cost well over $1k out there that I've seen (Vorsteiner, 3D Design, etc) so compared to $300 for an F10 M5 OEM part you can see the trend. Of course there have been some to take this to the next level and do an entire M5 retrofit to make their cars look like M5's (I've seen your posts and others on that already!) and that's a whole different topic which I am not trying to re-start or get into. If one decides to do that..its their business and $$$ although I can see the logic in that it give the appearance of what it is NOT especially when the car is de-badged! However I the M5 rear valence is an attractive option which looks good when added to an F10 5 series properly! I just don't wouldn't go through hell and high water to add one to my car IF it wasn't a direct fit or easily done. You can see my upgrade post to see what I mean here in that respect.

(http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthre...8#post13039198)

But too each his own...wish the market would come up with more options for those out there and appropriately costed ones for folks seeking to individualize their cars cause after all it is that...individual preferences driving most of this as well as love for the brand hopefully!
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0