View Single Post
      01-01-2015, 12:03 PM   #3
Grover432
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 535 XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp jnkey View Post
I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on a newer F10 series 535i Msport. I've had my E60 535i now for about 4 years and still really like my car. My E60 has the Msport bumpers/rocker skirts/trunk finisher as well as JB4 tune, and an after market Intercooler. It's fun to drive and only has 50,000 miles. Also running 20 inch custom wheels which I would keep and install on the newer car, hope they would fit?

But I made the mistake of test driving a 2013 Msport a couple weeks ago and I really liked the car. It wasn't as powerful but I liked the good but still firm ride, I liked the interior especially the center console, the interior cabin was quieter and I liked the 8 speed auto transmission. The trunk is ok but I think the E60 has a bigger, wider trunk space which works better for a couple of golf bags.

I've been looking at the 2013 models but what I noticed was that very few of the 2013 Msport models are equipped with the Multi Contour sport seats.
I have these Comfort seats in my 2008 and love them so I don't want to compromise for the standard seats.

Are there any differences between the 2011 and 2014 Mport models that I should be concerned about?

Are there any changes between the 2011's and lets say the 2014 models.
What I've noticed, and I could be wrong, was that in the 2011 and 2012 Msport models the Multi contour seats were included in the Msport package cause all the used Msports I've seem have the nicer seats but most of the used 2013 models don't have them.

I'm sure there are many owners here that have come from the E60 cars to the F10 models. A lot of the E60 guys don't like the newer F10 models cause the say they are heavy and don't handle as well as the older body style.

I've heard that the F10 cars weigh about 300 lbs more than the E60 but it didn't feel heavier when I test drove the 2013, it handled great.

Let me know if any of you F10 owners have any regrets getting into the F10 and if there are any issues to look for when buying a good used F10 535.
Are some years better than others, etc?

Thanks and Happy New Year
Wasn't as powerful? Isn't it the same engine in both series? Maybe a slight weight penalty, but the 8 speed auto would take care of that. I'd look for a 2013+. Most of the bugs are worked out by then. My 2013 535 X Drive has been near perfect for the last year. Interior is very comfortable and quiet. It is a pleasure to drive in, but as others have mentioned, drive before you leap because it is much less of a "drivers car" than the E60 and without an M Sport with 704, you may not be happy. Only you can decide what is best for you.