View Single Post
      05-21-2018, 07:11 PM   #6
ColoradoCale
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 528i xDrive; Z32 300ZX TT

Wound up getting this on Saturday: premium package, winter package, hifi sound system, and comfort package.

Will be getting the Racechip GTS-black (found a coupon code that brings it down below the price of the GTS,) metal charge pipes, and a catted high-flow downpipe ordered after the guy buying the e90 picks it up on Thursday and leave it at that.

The mods *should* put it at/around 535 stock power (assuming it doesn't actually add as much power as advertised and running 91 octane.) I'm guessing the numbers they quote are at sea level with e85 and the stars align, I'm at a mile high and no 93 to be found :/. Theoretically if the marketing isn't bumping numbers up it would be 20-25 hp more than a stock 535

That's plenty for me. Added bonuses: the 528 xdrive is 133-233lbs lighter than the 535 xdrive and gets 22/33mpg in eco + the RC supposedly bumps up mpg in efficiency mode. (seems like different spec sites give different weights for both models, anyone know where to find actual weights?)

Unfortunately I haven't driven the E90 more than on and off a trailer lol. Check out my threads on it here and here.

I'm not worried about boatiness, my Z32 is close to the same width and a foot shorter (and has bigger blindspots.) It won't be like the 90's sports cars I've had for sure, but won't be like the trucks and SUVs I grew up driving with either (I grew up a couple miles from my grandparents ranch and learned to drive with big trucks like F250s, F350s, an Excursion, and an Armada.
Attached Images

Last edited by ColoradoCale; 05-21-2018 at 07:36 PM..
Appreciate 0