View Single Post
      06-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #169
Atl550
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i

I asked my dealer to sign me up for the Performance Center Delivery in South Carolina and I pasted the response from the BMW Performance Center Delivery Team back to my dealer below. It’s a little hard to read but looks like things are on hold until the EPA and CARB Certifications are issued by the government. My 550i was completed today (6/29) and now I have no idea when it will be able to be released.

BMW Performance Center Delivery
The Ultimate Delivery Experience™

Dear ,

Thank you for submitting a Performance Center Delivery reservation for David Thurmond. Unfortunately, this production number is a new model or new model year and we cannot offer a delivery date at this time. EPA and CARB Certifications are issued by the government and must be obtained for every model every year, regardless of any change (or not) in the production of the vehicle. The vehicle will remain at the VDC/VPC until approvals are all holds have been removed. The vehicle will not ship to The BMW Performance Center or your BMW Retail Center.

Please inform your client that we will contact you with a delivery date as soon as all EPA and CARB Certifications have been received by BMWNA and the Monroney/EPA and Release holds have been removed. Should the client wish to cancel you will need to submit a cancellation form which can be found on CENTERNET.

Please be aware, BMW Manufacturing will not offer public tours effective April 29, 2013. We expect public tours to resume early summer 2014. A bulletin announcing details about the re-introduction of tours will be released when timeframes are known. If your customer attends on a date when the factory tour is not available, they will receive a certificate at delivery allowing them to schedule a factory tour at a later date, once the public tours resume.

Thank you for your patience!

BMW Performance Center Delivery Team
Appreciate 0