View Single Post
      02-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #8
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRUZN335 View Post
Just curious if anyone ordered a Rho-plate for their F10? They said they have the kit available for the F10 but just not on their site. I know that E92 owners used this kit but just wanted to know if anyone ordered it for their F10? Luckily I requested for the dealership not to drill the license plate bracket on my front bumper and prefer no front plates but with the fine increases for no front plate I think Id rather not risk having no front plate.

I really dont like how the plates on the side of the bumper for larger cars but I figure its either that or use double side tape like another member on this board.

If you guys have any other creative ideas for front plates without drilling holes share your ideas!!
Just use tape, you won't regret it and should do no harm to the Bumper. On mine, I found some Weather Resistant type foam tape...Scotch Brand at Ace hardware, gray in color and roughly 3/4" wide. I put a double layer around the perimeter of the palate, about 1/8" in from the edge, and some in the middle. (got the idea from Gatoman) To put on the car, I actually taped on a long wood dowel on the centerline of the plate...vertically, and just eyeballed placing it on the bumper. (I did curve the plate ever so slightly prior to this so it would fit the curvature of the bumper, but it really only needed a slight bit of curve.)

I love the look and becuase of the double layer of tape, the plate sits off the bumper by a 16th of an inch. Through all the rain, snow, freezing conditions, and a once a week car wash (by hand of course!) it has held up great. Also if in the end you hate the concept, you can always take it off with some floss and or some form of mild solvent. (Usually the citris kind)
Appreciate 0