View Single Post
      06-27-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
airjoe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 550i

Oro-tek TPMS, **********s...

I thought I'd share my recent experience on **********s' TPMS. I debated between these, the ones from Pyspeed, and OEM. I was getting a couple things from M-B, so I ordered the Oro-Teks.

Had them installed in wheels yesterday, got home, put the wheels on, and went for a drive to reset TPMS. No dice. This morning, over the course of my 30 mile commute each way, I tried 3 times to reset, with no luck. After 15 mins of "resetting", it just times out with no success.

I called **********s, and the first response to my explanation of the issue was "we usually use Beru". Great. Why don't you offer that on your site? Then they offered an RMA so I could send back for an exchange... Excuse me, I just paid $80 for mounting & balancing. So I should unmount, send back, wait, and pay again for remounting? Great logic. No thanks. Obviously I'd just order another set and do once if I went that route. Just seems like roulette...

So, I proceeded to inquire whether they would stand behind their product and cover my expenses for the mounting/balancing. Expected response: they can't stand behind the workmanship of the tire installers. As frustrated as I was, I understood - but was still irritated by the first response on Beru, and that have to back and go through this nonsense again.

So lessons to me on these: I'm going to have the tire dealer get a set of OEM sensors, and they can cover the labor mounting/un mounting if there's an issue. And my $150 savings going with these sensors will end up costing me $80 more for mounting/balancing twice.

Hopefully this spares someone else my same aggravation.

Dinan Stage 2, springs, M5 mufflers, and 303M/Michelin PSS
Appreciate 0