LMOR
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: Space gray, M Beige F10 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breynac View Post
I have Night vision installed,

but the alert system does not work. My system recognise a person (body marked yellow) but no warning (yellow triangle) comes up in display.

The BMW dealer and Münich technical team have no idea how to fix it.

Which I find strange - must be a software problem.

Anyone experienced the same?
Are you sure that there is a problem. You will not get the warning unless you actually are about to run into a pedestrian. The people will get yellow, but warning only when needed. I have had the waring may be 5 times in 7 months, and then on narrow roads or crossings. If you have low speed, or you touch the breaks, the car will know that you see them, and will not give any alarm. In some cases you will get false alarms in curves, even when there is a barrier between the road and the pedestrian.

Also, you will hopefully break when you see this, and then it is nearly impossible to register this warning both at the screen (large yellow triangle) and in the HUD (Green man) at the same incidense. It is simply to fast to turn it off when you break. I normally see it on the screen first, and then break, and se nothing in the HUD.

If you have the collision warning it is the same thing. You only see it when you really need it.
Appreciate 0