Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacky328 View Post
Hi RC, glad to hear your car is ok!
Nothing more painful than this. Nowadays, even BMW maintenance is also worsening. My car has two scratches in side skirt after I take back from checking the steer that pulling left constantly. At that time, I only received my car some 20 days, till that time I even wash car by myself and always keep away from any other car during parking to avoid open-door-crash.
They promise to paint those scratch at no cost, I am waiting fix at my first oil-change(12,000 Km).
That's not too good, Jacky. You should demand more compensation from BMW (gifts, fuel coupon or whatever). Next time I take my car there I need to conduct a walk around inspection with them. Grimmy, may be you could do a full plastic wrap around your car before you leave your car there.

But the F10 paint job is very weak and thin IMO. Very easy to swirl. Need to take extra care.

Bad news again for me, I scratched my rim again. After I got my car from the shop, I parked in the car park at my office. The turn at the up ramp has horrible turning radius. I saw scratch marks all over the wall. I managed to avoid the walls but not the curb (did not know until I inspected the rims at the gas station afterward). The scratch is not too serious, just minor peeling of paint of less than an inch. This would never happened if I don't need to take my car to the shop this morning since I don't drive to work. Not sure if I will just tolerate it or spend $400 again to touch it up. But my car has no defects except this rim scratch.

2011 F10 528i Black Sapphire / Oyster Black
2000 E46 325ci Cabrio Titanium Silver / Black - retired
1997 E36/7 Z3 Montreal Blue / Black - retired
Appreciate 0