View Single Post
      06-22-2010, 11:16 PM   #15
SkipSauls
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 35d

Garage List
It's amazing to me that there doesn't appear to be a "straight answer" on the value of this option. I've asked 2 SA's at my local dealer, I've searched on this site, and I've tried to grok the arcane BMW configuration "description" of what it does. The short of it is that a) I have an iPhone, b) I want to sync songs to store them on the iDrive hard disk, and c) I've been using Bluetooth on my 335i for nearly four years now with no issues, and never feeling the need for "enhanced performance" or whatever. If all it does is charge the phone and/or "ehance" the reception, it's a useless option. If it is the only way to get the iPhone (which doesn't behave like an iPod) to "sync" with the iDrive, it's potentially useful.

Anyone have a straight answer on this? Sorry if this seems contentious, but it's absurd that BMW charges for iPod, USB, etc. when even cheap crap-can cars have these as standard features. To make it difficult to figure out whether or not an option is truly useful only adds insult to injury.
Appreciate 0