View Single Post
      04-21-2016, 03:21 AM   #101
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadysev View Post
How is the "Cold Bite" compared to the OEM setup? And do you get that almost mirror finish like OEM on the rotors?

Not trying to be an a$$ I'm just really curious as i have to do my fronts soon. I get this weird Brake judder sometimes at about 100km/hr then it goes away and my rotors are discoloured.I tried bedding and it helped but its still there and I don't know what the original owner put on so i want to start fresh
The cold bite is a little less but I don't care and I don't even notice it anymore. I've been driving with the akabono (front) ceramic pads and centric front cross drilled rotors for a year now with ZERO problems. I drive my car hard and brake hard almost everyday with no shudder, brake noise and hardly any brake dust. The rotors are shiny and look good and sporty. My car had a shudder from both the front and rear when I bought it, I changed the fronts first then the rears about 3 months later and I've had ZERO problems with the ceramic pads and rear cross drilled rotors from the OP's (simple3, thanks again!) brake deal he posted. It would be a shame to waste money on stock crap verses ceramic pads all around with cross drilled all around, its better than stock by a long shot for city driving. If you track a 4300lb car then maybe get something better but I wouldn't track this car at 4300lbs. To be clear I ONLY put cross drilled for looks not for the debatable less heat myth from cross drilled haters. I do believe my setup is better than stock but that's prolly debatable too but I'm not debating it. I hope this answered all your questions and everything else you might have wanted to know.

P.s I am autobuffoonery, who did the brake install in this thread.

Last edited by Teddylongtooth; 04-21-2016 at 03:31 AM..
Appreciate 1